US-Japan Business & Public Policy Programs
Growing out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership Series, the Business & Public Policy Programs delve into the major economic, trade, and international issues facing the US-Japan relationship. All programs feature a keynote speaker and opportunities for networking. Programs are held quarterly.
Japan-Philadelphia Coffee & Cocktails Happy Hour
Friday, May 1, 2020, 7:00 pm EST
Saturday May 2, 2020 8:00 am JST
Free ($7 Suggested Donation)
Join the Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia for the Japan-Philadelphia Coffee & Cocktails Happy Hour. Mix up your favorite sake cocktail (or coffee for those joining us during breakfast time in Japan) while we meet virtually to discuss how business gets done from home in Philadelphia and Japan.
The pre-selected panelists will discuss:
- Making the most of remote work
- The effects of government policies on business
- Staying physically active
- Staying together during social distancing
- Go-to make-at-home drinks
- Favorite binge-worthy books and TV
The presentation will be in English with an opportunity for questions towards the end. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for announcements about the panelists.
Please consider a $7 donation (the price of one drink at a bar), so that we can continue to host these programs.
Registrants will receive a confirmation email with Zoom meeting details.
The Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia hosted a webinar on Friday, April 3 for the information you need right now for your business. Our Business Committee member, Nan Sato, Special Counsel with Fisher Phillips, helped navigate compliance with federal, state, and local legislation. Nan was joined by Bill Wright, chair of the firm’s International Practice Group, who will discuss issues relating to expats and an international workforce.
The session was packed with practical answers to questions, such as:
- Eligibility and conditions of the loans under the new CARES Act?
- How can employers take advantage of the emergency sick leave and emergency FMLA provisions of the Family First Coronavirus Response Act?
- What kind of furlough and termination strategies should an employer adopt?
- Does our company qualify as an essential business so we can continue to operate during a shutdown?
- How to balance workplace safety measures to prevent infections and the protection of employee privacy?
- What to do with our global workforce and expats?
- Join us on this Friday at 11am for this informative and free webinar. This event is sponsored by the U.S. Business & Public Policy Committee of the Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia, in partnership with Fisher Phillips.
Watch the full webinar here.
JASGP Corporate Membership
Past US-Japan Business & Public Policy Newsletters