SUBARU CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL OF GREATER PHILADELPHIA
The Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival is an annual spring celebration of Japanese arts and culture organized by the Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia, with tremendous support from title sponsor Subaru of America, Inc. Featuring a variety of events throughout the city, the festival brings a taste of Japan to Philadelphia and highlights the beauty of Japanese sakura – the flowering cherry trees that brighten Philly’s parks and streets.
About the Festival
WHEN AND WHERE
The centerpiece event of festival, the Sakura Weekend, is taking place Saturday, April 15 and Sunday, April 16, 10:30 AM – 4 PM at the Horticulture Center and Centennial Arboretum in West Fairmount Park, Philadelphia. Additional programming will be happening throughout April at different venues, including a film retrospective at Lightbox Film Center, cultural demonstrations, sushi classes, and seminars.
Admission to the Sakura Weekend is free to the public and non-ticketed. You can “pay what you wish” to support our work in offering more accessible and inclusive programming. Donors will be entered in a raffle to win select prizes, including roundtrip tickets to Japan (for one person). CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE RAFFLE »
How to Get There
The Horticulture Center is located near Belmont Avenue & Montgomery Drive.
- Driving from the East: 76 West to Montgomery Drive Exit (341). Turn left at light onto Montgomery Drive; follow signs to parking.
- Driving from the West: 76 East to Montgomery Drive Exit (341). Turn right onto Montgomery Drive; follow signs to parking.
- Taxi/Uber/Lyft: suggested pick-up/drop-off spot is 4300 Avenue of the Republic, Philadelphia 19131 across from Carousel House. Follow the walking path by the Please Touch that leads directly to Lansdowne Dr./the back of Shofuso (3-min walk).
- Parking is available for $10 per vehicle at the Mann Center grounds (5201 Parkside Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19131). Street parking is available on Landsdowne Dr., paid parking available along the Ave. of the Republics. Vehicles are not permitted to park at the Horticulture Center.
- Biking: please note that the MLK Drive Bridge from the Art Museum is closed for renovations. Take a look at suggested detours here.
- SEPTA – Bus Route 38, 40, 43, 64. Plan your trip with SEPTA Trip Planner.
The Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia gratefully acknowledges all its supporters.
The Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival is presented as part of the Re:Imagining Recovery Project supported by the Pew Center for Arts and Heritage.
Raffle prizes are gifted by our partners: