Non-professional photography and video shoots are permitted at Shofuso during regular visitation hours. You are welcome as a friend and a guest to have a casual, non-commercial shoot in the house and garden, so long as you do not disturb other guests. Below, we’ve added our guidelines and policies.
- We have a strict no wedding photography policy. Visitors with wedding attire will not be allowed to do photography due to the disruptive nature of such events.
- We do not have facilities for visitors to change or apply makeup.
- We do not allow private access to our site at this time; photo shoots must take place during regular hours.
- No more than one photographer is allowed for casual photo events.
- Posed photos need to be restricted to four guests or fewer due to the space constrictions of our gardens so as to not interrupt visitor flow.
- Visitors must remove their shoes when inside our house (including our wooden veranda).
- Casual photography is restricted to the areas that regular visitors have access to. (e.g. no photography on our bridge or island, no photography inside of Shofuso’s main rooms, visitors must stay off our plantings).
- No equipment is allowed beyond a tripod (e.g. no lights or reflectors).
- Tripods must have rubber tips to be allowed inside the house and will be inspected by staff to ensure compliance. If there is a chance of equipment damaging the flooring, we will provide mats to place underneath any tripods.
- A group that is disruptive to our guests may be asked to leave to preserve the experience for our guests.
For more information, please contact us.