Photography and video shoots are permitted at Shofuso during regular visitation hours. You are welcome as a friend and a guest to have a casual, non-commercial shoot in the house and garden, so long as you do not disturb other guests. Below, we’ve added our guidelines and policies.
- We have a strict no wedding photography policy. Visitors with wedding attire will not be allowed to do photography due to the disruptive nature of such events.
- We do not have facilities for visitors to change or apply makeup.
- We do not allow private access to our site at this time; photo shoots must take place during regular hours.
- No more than one photographer is allowed for casual photo events.
- Posed photos need to be restricted to four guests or fewer due to the space constrictions of our gardens so as to not interrupt visitor flow.
- Visitors must remove their shoes when inside our house (including our wooden veranda).
- Casual photography is restricted to the areas that regular visitors have access to. (e.g. no photography on our bridge or island, visitors must stay off our plantings).
- No equipment is allowed beyond a tripod (e.g. no lights or reflectors).
- Tripods must have rubber tips to be allowed inside the house and will be inspected by staff to ensure compliance. We also ).
- A group that is disruptive to our guests may be asked to leave to preserve the experience for our guests.
For more information, please contact us.