Parks on Tap, Philadelphia’s only traveling beer garden, returns to Shofuso Japanese House and Garden this summer. A partnership between Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, Fairmount Park Conservancy, and FCM Hospitality, Parks on Tap will offer drinks, food, and all-ages fun at 20 parks in Philadelphia from June through October.
Highlights of Parks on Tap include:
- Tapping of exclusive “Park Pale Ale” from local craft brewery Saint Benjamin Brewing Company
- Delicious BBQ from a custom smoker truck created by Texas pit master John Lewis
- Fresh breads from acclaimed baker Alex Bois of High Street on Market
- Frozen lemonade and watermelon coolers
- Custom-made conversation chairs built from reclaimed wood
- Game box filled with a variety of free games and toys for kids and adults
The beer garden comes to Shofuso from July 5 – 9, where it will be set up in the park area outside the house’s walls. During Parks on Tap hours, there will be free access to the garden until 10:30 pm, and the garden and house will be lit. For those who wish to visit Shofuso after hours, house entry will cost $5, and the house will be open until sunset. Visitors can also enjoy free themed activities on Tanabata Family Weekend, July 8 & 9, including origami-making, calligraphy, live music, and storytelling.