JASGP is a private nonprofit organization that has inspired mutual curiosity, understanding, and collaboration between Japan and Philadelphia for more than 25 years through art, business, and culture. We operate Shofuso Japanese House and Garden hosting over 30,000 visitors, produce the Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival with over 15,000 attendees, present a US-Japan Business and Public Policy Series, and provide Japanese arts, business, and cultural educational programming for all ages.
JASGP is seeking a Membership and Development Associate that will report directly to the Associate Director of Development and Data Analytics to provide support for the daily activities of the Membership and Development department. This is a part-time position requiring 16 hours per week with flexible scheduling. The hourly rate is $15.00 per hour. Interviews for this position will begin mid-May. Tasks include:
- Data entry and maintenance using the Altru and MailChimp systems.
- Processing membership dues and donation revenue.
- Managing membership renewal and membership card mailings.
- Coordinating grant and individual contribution acknowledgements.
- Assisting with fundraising and membership appeals.
- Providing on-site support during membership and stakeholder events.
- Tracking and fulfilling corporate member and sponsor benefits across all programs.
- Provide administrative support for grant applications, including maintaining the grants calendar, updating grant tracking software, and additional support as required for the grant opportunity.
- Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director, Business Manager, or department heads as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or previous administrative experience in an office setting.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Good sense of humor and ability to work well in an open office setting.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work collaboratively and manage self-directed projects.
Please email a resume and cover letter as a single PDF with your name as the file name to:
Associate Director of Development and Data Analytics
No phone calls, please.