The Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia, a non-profit organization, seeks Interns for the 2016-2017 academic year (September – May). Candidates should have a familiarity with Japan and Japanese culture. A valid driver’s license is preferred.
Desired Skills & Responsibilities
- Intermediate Japanese language ability (reading, writing, speaking)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Ability to organize and manage projects
- Event planning
- Ability to work both independently and in groups
- Assist with planning and preparation for other JASGP events/activities
- Assist with day-to-day JASGP operations, including administrative support, etc.
- Assist with online content including blogging and social networking
Beginning in January 2017 the intern’s work will focus on the Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival of Greater Philadelphia project.
- Outreach to community partners
- Assist with program implementation
- Design/Implement Social Media campaigns
- Manage festival-related general inquiries
- Distribute collateral materials to local organizations, hotels, etc.
- Liaise with philanthropic groups
- Communicate responsibilities and logistics
This position is an unpaid internship, up to 20–24 hours per week. A $20/day stipend will be provided to offset food/transportation costs.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume by e-mail to Aaron Dilliplane at the Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia email@example.com.