1625 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Enjoy free interactive lunchtime activities during the Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival at the Liberty Place Rotunda, located at 1625 Chestnut Street in Philadelphia! Events include:
- Monday, April 3, Origami & Ikebana: Take in ikebana (Japanese flower arrangements) while learning the techniques for intricate origami.
- Tuesday, April 4, Nihon Buyo Dance Demonstration: Fujima Nishiki-no, who teaches nihon buyo (Japanese classical dance) at Shofuso, presents intricate dances.
- Wednesday, April 5, Kimono Dressing: Local cultural ambassador Fumiyo Batta showcases ornate kimonos and will gladly help you try one on.
- Thursday, April 6, Kamishibai Storytelling: Hear traditional Japanese folk tales with his unique form of Japanese storytelling that uses illustrated cards and dramatic dialogue.
- Friday, April 7, Shogi & Go: Learn to play two strategy board games with help from the Penn Go Society and the Swarthmore Shogi Club.
For more information, visit www.subarucherryblossom.org. This is an accessible venue.