Yokai are the various monsters, ghosts and spirits of Japan. During this weekend, families can participate in a scavenger hunt and collect spooky trading cards of tsukumogami—household objects come to life. Hear kamishibai tales of oni, kappa and tengu. Make an oni mask or design your own yokai puppet to use in a daily spirit parade around the house. Visit the sakura pavilion to play ghostly games and watch yokai-themed anime and movies.
• Oni Mask Workshops, 11:15am & 12:15pm, $15/$10 members (click here to register)
• Yokai Puppet Workshop, 1:15pm & 2:15pm, $15/$10 members (click here to register)
• Tsukumogami Scavenger Hunt, Free after admission
• Kamishibai, Free after admission
• Parade, Free after admission
• Games and Anime, Free after admission