Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! In honor of everyone’s favorite romance-oriented holiday, I thought it would be appropriate for me to recommend and revisit some of the more recent shojo manga that I’ve read. All of these are oneshots, so they’re a good read for anybody who’s looking for something short and sweet!
1) Katakoi (Nanri Jun) – Katakoi is about a girl who’s stuck reliving the same day over and over again. Can she break out of the cycle?
2) First Love Confirmed! (Fujishiro Kasumi) – In ‘First Love Confirmed!’, Ayano has no time for love as she’s always busy taking care of her three younger brothers. Will she be able to figure out how to juggle her familial responsibilities as well as romance?
3) Manatsu no Blue (Fujii Aya) – Manatsu no Blue features a painfully shy girl who tries to make friends with a few concert tickets. However, she ends up with something a little different from what she was expecting…
5) Ai wa Hamu Akuma (Mashiba Nao) – Demons survive by eating hearts that are the color ‘red’ – a color that only shows up when someone is in love. With a single kiss, they ‘eat’, and the person forgets everything about their lover. Owl, a famous demon, pledges to make a pure and steadfast nun to fall in love with him so he can eat her love. Will he succeed?
6) Chou no Ito (Harumi Hitsuji) – A love story between a butterfly and a spider.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!